“Find was stopped in progress” while performing search in Visual Studio

This issue has been plaguing me for some time and I usually just work around it but today I finally found a fix. It has happened in Visual Studio 2010, 2013 and today it started occurring in 2013 RC. I found a fix in this Microsoft Connect thread and thought I would blog it as a few of the other guys at work had also encountered it from time to time.

I don’t know if this is the “official” fix but the following worked for me:

1. Find in Files for any search string.

2. As soon as it starts searching spam Ctrl – Scroll Lock.

3. Win

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s